1. Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED)
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay conducts Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) underguidance of the UCEED Admissions Committee. Aspirants looking to secure admission in undergraduate level Design programmes need to appear for UCEED exam.
Courses Offered : B. Des
UCEED exam is conducted as a computer based test and the exam paper is divided into three sections:
NAT(Numerical Answer Type)
MSQ(Multiple Select Questions)
MCQ(Multiple Choice Questions)
UCEED test paper is of three hours duration and candidates are evaluated out of 300 marks.
The test paper usually comprises 85questions.However, the number of questions might change every year. The medium of instruction of the exam is English.
For details visit http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/
2. National Institute of Design’s National Entrance Exam in Design (NID NEED)
The National Entrance Examination for Design (NID NEED) is conducted by the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad. This exam is very important for students who wish to pursue a career in design. The admission of students into the National Institute of Design as well as other institutions is done as per the score obtained by the students. Students who are shortlisted after the written exam are required to appear for the studio tests as well as the personal interview.
The three colleges that take the NID NEED score are:
a) National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad
b) D. J. Academy of Design, Coimbatore
c) IILM School of Design, Gurgaon
3.MIT Institute of Design, Pune Design Aptitude Test (MITID DAT)
The admission process is in two phases :
• MITID-DAT Design Aptitude Test conducted at various centers across the country.
• Studio Test and Personal Interview at MITID campus in Pune.
4. Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) for Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID)
Admission to SID will be according to the following process.
Level 1 – SET for Design: The result of SET for Design will be put up on the SET website as per the schedule. If a candidate qualifies SET , he/she would be eligible to appear for Studio Test.
Level 2 – Studio Test will be conducted at SID, Pune campus. If a candidate qualifies in the Studio Test, he/she is eligible to appear for Personal Interview.
Level 3 – Personal Interview will be conducted at SID, Pune campus on the same day as the Studio Test.
5. Srishti School of Art, Design & Technology, Bangalore
Srishti offers a two-year Foundation Studies Program in Art and Design for candidates who have passed 12th Standard / PUC, 2nd year.
The admission process is as follows:
1. Entrance Test – The Entrance Test takes place in 6 centres across India at present – Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Kochi and Bangalore. Those who succeed in the Entrance Test will be shortlisted for the Portfolio Review and Interview at Srishti School, Bangalore.
2. Portfolio Review – Candidates are expected to present a portfolio consisting of art and design works they have generated across the years to prove their aptitude, interest and eligibility for admission, based on the quality of the portfolio. A portfolio should consist of your creative work and it should show the skills you have obtained. It can be in any medium (Drawing, painting, printing, Photographs, videos etc) and should include a minimum of 20 works.
3. The Interview – The interview helps Srishti evaluate the creative, intellectual and psychological fitness of a candidate for admission.
6. Manipal University Design Aptitude Test (MU DAT)
Manipal offers the following courses:
Bachelor of Design (Fashion Design), Bachelor of Science (Fashion Design- Couture) & Bachelor of Arts (Interior Design) The Test duration is of 2 hours, Design Ability Test. Design Ability Test conducted for 100 marks examines the design aptitude in terms of creativity, drawing, innovation and visual communication.
7. CEPT SBST – Center for Environmental Planning and Technology University (CEPT) School of Building Science and Technology (SBST) Ahmedabad
First Level Test
All eligible candidates are allowed to appear for the First Level Test in which the following will be assessed:
• Imagination & Design Exposure
• Creativity and Perception
• Visual Perception & Logic
Second Level Test: Interview
Caution: Design exams are held early when compared to other entrance exams and some last dates for application may be over in the month of November itself. If you are planning to write Design and Fashion Design Exams, please check the websites from the month of September.
8.United World Institute of Design (Design Aptitude Test)
Entrance Test ( Design Aptitude Test )
Admission into a bachelor programme at UID requires successful completion of Minimum 10+2, (higher secondary education) with minimum 50% aggregate score from any recognized higher secondary school board.
Clearance and merit of Design Aptitude Test (DAT) for admission.
|2.||NID Entrance Exam|
|3.||NIFT Entrance Exam|
|4.||Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED)|
|5.||Pearl Academy Entrance Exam(Delhi, Jaipur, Mumbai, Noida)|
|6.||Srishti Entrance and Aptitude Test – SEAT|
|7.||CEPT Entrance Exam|
|8.||A School of Fashion Technology Common Entrance Test- SOFT CET (Pune)|
|9.||All India Combined Entrance Test (AICET) (WLCI Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata)|
|10.||United World Institute of Design Aptitude Test (UID Aptitude Test)|
|11.||All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED), Jaipur|
|12.||Footwear Design, Development Institute All India Selection Test (FDDIAIST)|
|13.||Indian Institute of Art and Design Entrance Exam (IIAD Entrance Exam)|
|14.||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Design Aptitude Test(UPESDAT), Dehradun|
|15.||Indian Institute of Crafts/Design Entrance Exam(IICD Entrance Exam), Jaipur|
|16.||Indian School of Design and Innovation Challenge(ISDI Challenge), Mumbai|
|17.||Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam(NIIFT Entrance Exam), Ludhiana|
|18.||Army Institute of Fashion & Design Written Admission Test(AIFDWAT), Bangalore|
|19.||The Design Village Entrance Exam(TDV Entrance Exam), Noida|
|20.||Whistling Woods International Entrance Exam(WWI Entrance Exam), Mumbai|
|21.||Apeejay Institute of Design, (Aptitude Test), New Delhi|
|22.||Woxsen School of Art & Design, Hyderabad|