DETAILS ABOUT COMMON LAW APTITUDE TEST (CLAT)
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT.
- As regards the minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty-five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in the CLAT examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher age
- Computerized draw of lots.
Scope and coverage of questions under different subject areas:
English including comprehension:
The English section will test the candidate’s proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
Current Affairs using General Knowledge:
The General knowledge will be evaluated on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test the candidate’s on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
This section will test the candidate’s knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught upto 10th Class/Standard.
This section will test the candidate’s interest towards the study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions may include legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which they said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
PATTERN OF QUESTION PAPER FOR THE UG COURSES IN CLAT
Maximum Marks 150
Duration of CLAT Exam 120 Min
Multiple-Choice Questions 150 questions of one mark each
Negative Marking 0.25 Mark for each wrong answer
Intermediate MPC/MEC/CEC with CLAT/LSAT/LAWCET and other LAW Entrance Exams – 1 year
Intermediate MPC/MEC/CEC integrated with CLAT/LAWCET & other LAW Entrance Exams – 2 years
CLAT Online/Offline training program 2022-2023
Total: 456 Hours
Duration: 6 Months
Class Duration: 12 Hours weekly
The following private universities have signed a MOU with the Consortium of NLU to use the CLAT scores:
- Shobhit University, NH-58, Modipuram, Meerut, U.P.
- RNB Global University , Bikaner, Rajasthan
- ISBR Law College, Bangalore
- LLOYD Law College, 11, K.P.-II, Greater Noida-201304, U.P.
- Glocal Law School, Glocal University Saharanpur Uttar Pradesh
- Indore Institute of Law, Indore
- Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, AU-Block, Outer Ring Road, Pitampura, Delhi-110034
- Xavier Law School, Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- Amity University, U.P.
- Law College Dehradun
- Alliance School of Law, Alliance University, Bangalore-562106
- Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law, Indore
- GITAM SCHOOL OF LAW, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam
- Kalinga University, Naya Raipur, CG
- ICFAI Law School, ICFAI University, Dehradun
- Asian Law College, Noida
- Siddharth Law College, Dehradun
- Aryans College of Law, Punjab
- School of Law, JIMS Engineering and Management Technical Campus Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- GLA University Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
- REVA University, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- School of Legal Studies, Mody University, Lakshmangarh Rajasthan
- Marwadi University, Rajkot, Gujrat
- Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- ICFAI University, Tripura
- Gujurat Maritime University, Ahmedabad
- Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, SVKM’s NMIMS (Deemed-to-be-University) Mumbai
- Bennett University, Greater Noida, NCT Region UP
- DIRD College, Delhi
- SRM University Delhi-NCR, Sonepat
- Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat, Delhi NCR
- Maharishi Law School, Maharishi University of Information Technology, NCR Delhi
- NIMT Institute of Method and Law, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- School of Law, Presidency University, Bengaluru
- Manipal University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- School of Law, Oriental University, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- The North Cap University, Gurugram, Haryana
- Academy of Law, Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur
- K N Modi University, Jaipur
- Harlal School of Law, Knowledge Park I, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Galgotia University, Greater Noida Uttar Pradesh
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak College of Law, Bareilly Uttar Pradesh
- Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur Rajasthan
- The Raffles University, Alwar Rajasthan
- IFIM Law School, Bangalore
- Renaissance Law College, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- Jain University, Bangalore
- ITM University Gwalior M.P.
- FAIRFIELD-SCHOOL OF LAW, New Delhi
- Chettinad Academy of Research and Education, Tamil Nadu
- TERI School of Advanced Studies, New Delhi
Why PAGE Academy, Hyderabad?
Who is Eligible for CLAT?
Candidates must have passed class 12 or an equivalent examination from a recognized board or institution who is appearing for CLAT entrance exam. And Candidates should obtain at least 45% marks in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories and 40% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
Does PAGE provides study material for CLAT Coaching?
Yes, we do provide study material and also we do regular mock tests / practice exams before you appear for the main CLAT entrance exam. Register now
Is coaching necessary for CLAT?
Yes, CLAT coaching is mandatory now a days, which helps you crack the CLAT comfortably.