MEC with Liberal Arts
Intermediate MEC integrated with Social Sciences & Liberal Arts training In modern context what is liberal arts education today? There are now many subjects that fall within the broad scope of the category; a typical liberal arts degree program is interdisciplinary, covering topics within the humanities, as well as social, natural and formal sciences. There are differences in the particular subjects included in liberal arts degree programs at different institutions. We present an Integrated program for MEC students to train them simultaneously on the requirements for Social Sciences & Liberal Arts entrance exams of IIT Chennai, Ashoka, Tiss, Flame, Christ, Symbiosis, O P Jindal, the University of Hyderabad and other national-level top colleges, etc. The idea is to create an easy path to make careers in the fields of:
- Humanities– Includes art, literature, linguistics, philosophy, religion, ethics, modern foreign languages, music, theater, speech, classical languages (Latin/Greek) etc.
- Social sciences– Includes history, psychology, law, sociology, politics, gender studies, anthropology, economics, geography, business informatics, etc.
- Natural sciences– Includes astronomy, biology, chemistry, physics, botany, archaeology, zoology, geology, Earth sciences, etc.
- Formal sciences– Includes mathematics, logic, statistics, etc.
Salient features include:
- Mock tests for all relevant entrance exams
- A series of design workshops conducted to improve students’ aptitude and perspective and heighten their aesthetic sensibilities and abilities
- The teaching of innovative techniques.
- Improvement of overall environmental sensitivity.